Tired of the rain and snow? It’s never too late to plan the great escape, even if it’s just for a few weeks. Pack up your bags, load up your camper and enjoy the rest of the winter in comfort.
Hey, Happy Campers, why limit your camping time? Read our previous blog: Staying Warm in the Winter – Helpful Hints for Enjoying RVing in the Winter
Hit the coastal regions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and the Gulf Coast of Texas.
If you prefer the beauty of desert landscapes try Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Southern California or West Texas area.
Why not try out a couple of different locations for shorter periods to test out the varying regions. Then next year, when you have more time, you can devote more time energy in visiting the places you feel the comfortable at. After all, if you intend to spend an extended amount of time during the winters, you’ll want to find places that match your needs, wants and provide you with a warm homey atmosphere.
Tips for Successful Snowbird Travel
1. Make a “to do list” and “packing list”. List the things you need to do to secure your home, pay bills, etc. Get prescription refills, arrange to have mail forwarded or picked up, etc.
2. Don’t over pack. Many campgrounds are well stocked and more than likely, where ever you go, there will be stores nearby or on the way.
3. Call campgrounds and make reservations. Many RV campgrounds offer fun activities, amenities, and special rates for their long-term/seasonal guests.
4. Map out your travel plans and itinerary and don’t forget to let your family and/or friends in on your plans.
5. Make sure insurance, license and registration are all up to date. Check with your insurance agent that everything is up-to-date with your RV insurance, including towing.
6. Notify your bank/credit card companies of your travel plans so that charges from out of state don’t cause a fraud alert.
Suggest Snowbird Reading (available on amazon.com)
The Official Snowbird’s Guide to Becoming a Florida Resident by Dean Hanewinckel
Snowbirds Unlimited: Tales from the Restless Traveler by Marilyn Catherine McDonald
Pocono RV Sales and Service
489 Bushkill Plaza Lane Wind Gap, PA
610-863-2115 Service Dept.
Proudly serving customers from the
Lehigh Valley, Poconos PA and surrounding NJ area.