We’ve compiled a list of suggested camper travel essentials. Look over the list carefully and edit according to yours and your family’s needs. Of course, the length of the trip, season and weather will also play a part on how much you should bring along. Remember, there are always stores on the road and many campgrounds/sites have a shop to grab last minute items.
- Blankets and pillows
- Mattress cover/pad
- Sleep aids – Earplugs, eye mask, lavender/essential oils, music/sounds, teddy bear or other cuddly object, etc.
- Liquid soap for hand and shower use
- Washcloths, loofah, back brush, and/or bath poufs
- Towels – hand, bath and large beach towels
- Floor mat
- Shampoo, conditioner, and hairstyling products
- Hair care – brush, comb, hairclips, bands, ties, blow dryer, electric brush, straightener or curling iron etc.
- Skin care – lotion, creams and powder
- Dental care – brush, toothpaste, mouth wash, floss tape or brushes
- Bath/Shower organizer caddy or bag
- Shower/water shoes, flip flops
- Toilet paper, tissues, menstrual products
- Hand sanitizer, wipes
- Toiletry kit – lip balm, deodorant, nail clipper/file, tweezers, shaving cream and razors
- Pharmacy items and first aid kit – any prescriptions, aspirins, anti-inflammatory pills, over the counter allergy medicine, bug repellent, itch relief medicine, EpiPen, ice pack, suntan lotion, aloe, Band-Aids, gauze, antibiotic cream, etc. For hikers, prepare one small portable first aid kit.
- Solar shower bag – to use outside of your RV to rinse off dirt/sand, clean your dog
- Stain stick, detergent, fabric softener sheets (great for getting rid of smells as well)
- Laundry/sock bag
- Clothes line and clips
- Roll of quarters
Kitchen ware and cooking supplies
- Dishes and bowls
- Cups, mugs, wine glasses, water bottles
- Eating utensils
- Cooking utensils and knives – spatula, serving spoons, tongs
- Sharp knives and kitchen scissors
- Mixing bowls
- Pots and pans
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Bottle, can, and wine openers
- Cutting board
- Tea kettle/coffee pot
- Blender/Food processor
- Toaster/waffle maker
- Food storage – Tupperware, baggies/ziplocks (so handy for carrying things), plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc.
- Napkins and paper towels
- Dish soap, sponges, cleaning products, rags
- Kitchen towels and potholder
- Trash bags
- Ice cube trays
- Dog dishes
- Grill, lighter/matches, lighter fluid, charcoal, skewers, campfire fork
- Coffee/tea/hot chocolate
- Cereal – hot and cold options
- Eggs – fresh or substitute
- Breakfast bars, energy food (bars, gels, trail mix)
- Pancake/waffle mix, syrup
- Butter/margarine, olive oil, cooking spray, etc.
- Bread, bagels, or pita, etc.
- Meat – fresh, frozen and jerky
- Peanut butter
- Soup mixes/bouillon cubes
- Prepared or freeze-dried meals, tins of tuna
- Salt/pepper, herbs and spices
- Condiments and dressing
- Milk – powdered or fresh
- Drink mixes, bottled/canned beverages
- Fruit (dried and fresh), lemons (they come in handy for so many things)
- Vegetables (fresh, frozen and/or canned)
- Treats/sweets, pretzels, popcorn, crackers, chips, marshmallows, etc.
- Pet food and treats
- Shirts, pants, shorts
- Sweat shirts, pants, sweaters
- Jackets, gloves/scarves
- Underwear, long johns
- Rain gear – ponchos/jackets, umbrella
- Swimsuits/trunks, beach coverup
- Sport Specific shoes – water, running, hiking, cycling
- Flashlights, lanterns
- Road atlas/maps
- Media – computer, books, audiobooks, magazines, movies, headphones
- Device chargers & devices (computer, tablets, phones, etc.)
- Walkie Talkies, batteries
- Water bottles and/or backpack hydration system
- Beach towel and bag
- Sunglasses, hats and visors
- Camera and gear – tripod, filters, batteries, etc.
- Portable table and chairs
- Outdoor rug
- Fitness equipment – bikes, helmets, tool kit, yoga mat, jump rope, etc.
- Toys and games for inside and out – lawn and board games, cards, puzzles, football, Frisbees, chess/backgammon set, etc.
- Stationery/office supplies – crayons, markers, pens, glue, clips, scrap book, tape, scissors, paper, notebook, sketch pad, etc.
Our best piece of advice is bring a sense of humor, good attitude and be open to new adventures. You’ll be sure to create lasting memories for everyone. So, just relax and enjoy! Don’t strive for perfection or try to replicate your house.
Pocono RV Sales and Service
610-863-2115 Service Dept.
2017 Pocono Record Best RV Repair & Service Center
–> Trailers –> Fifth wheels –> Pre-owned trades
–> Something for everybody!
Serving customers from the Lehigh Valley, Poconos PA
and surrounding NJ area.