People love random quirky facts. The more random they are, the more people are interested. One of the great things about RVing is the flexibility of your travels. You can go to all the weird and wacky places the US has to offer. Here are some awesome facts, and places in the United States to check out on your travels!
- New York City was once the capital of the United States when the country was still establishing itself.
- The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France, and it was originally copper. We gifted France a smaller version which is located at Pont de Grenelle.
- English is the unofficial language of the US. Since our country was started as a melting pot country, an official language has never been established.
- In the 1950s the internet was developed.
- Alaska was originally part of Russia until we bought it from them.
- We sure do love our pizza! About 100 acres is served every day across the country!
- We only use about 18% of the energy for the world.
- The Liberty Bell is technically a British bell since it was made at the same location as Big Ben in London.
- Because of the size of the Golden Gate Bridge, it’s always being painted. Once they finish one end they have to go back to the beginning for touch-ups.
- Did you ever want to walk along the London Bridge without having to go to England? Visit the bridge in Arizona! When the London Bridge was originally up for auction a man named McCulloch bought it and placed it in Arizona.
Create new adventures and fond memories with a beautiful new or new to you RV. Happy Traveling!
Pocono RV Sales and Service
610-863-2115 Service Dept.
We offer superior savings with a great selection –> Trailers –> Fifth wheels –> Pre-owned trades –> Something for everybody!
Serving customers from the Lehigh Valley,
Poconos & surrounding NJ area.