Spring is an exciting and rejuvenating time of the year. Time to get ready to hit the road; new adventures to be had! Before you do, here is a list of suggested things to knock out before you hit the road.
- Air out your camper
- Dump and clean out your fresh and wastewater tanks.*
- After you clean out fresh water tanks replace water filters.
- Remove and clean A/C filter.
- Empty and clean out refrigerator, add a fresh box of baking soda
- Clean microwave, stove and oven.
- Clean the bathroom, as you do the whole RV, top to bottom.
- Store winter blankets and clothing and pull out spring linens and clothing.
- Vacuum the floors and blinds/shades.
- Clean windows (not in direct sunlight) so that you can see if any streaks.
- Wipe down countertops and cabinets.
- Open your awning and wipe down as well as slide toppers, and pop-up tents.
- Replace any lightbulbs and batteries that need replacing.
- Wash and wax the exterior, pay attention to the wheels and tires as well.
- Check and top off fluids and flush antifreeze.
Fresh water tank
- *To sanitize your fresh water system, use 1/4 cup of bleach and one gallon of water for every 15 gallons of water the fresh water tank holds.
- After you the mix to your fresh water tank, run each faucet until you smell bleach.
- Fill the rest of your fresh water tank so that the bleach water makes contact with the entire tank.
- Allow it to sit for at least four hours; if you can overnight is preferable.
- Drain your fresh water tank of the high bleach concentrated water, then refill with fresh water.
- Open all faucets and let the water run until you can no longer smell any bleach.
- Again, make sure that you flush each faucet – kitchen and bathroom sinks, ice maker, fridge water dispenser, shower, outdoor shower, outdoor sinks, clothes washer, dishwasher, and of course, the toilet.
- Note: It may take more than one tank of water to flush out all the line, but once the bleach is flushed out of the system, you’ll have fresh water system that is safe for drinking!
Pocono RV services include roof maintenance and repairs, PA state inspection, brakes, wheel bearings, seal repairs, hitch installation, slide adjustments, winterizing, and much more. If you’re in the Lehigh Valley/Pocono, PA or Hackettstown, NJ area, bring your RV to us for the best quality services.
Create new adventures and fond memories with your family!
Pocono RV Sales and Service
610-863-2115 Service Dept.
We offer superior savings with great selection
–> Trailers –> Fifth wheels –> Pre-owned trades
–> Something for everybody!
Serving customers from the Lehigh Valley, Poconos PA
and the surrounding NJ area